Your First Float
One of the best decisions you can make today!
The first time you Float is generally similar for many people. You'll likely move around a bit at first, until you find the most comfortable position for you. Once you have adjusted to the unique environment of Floating weightlessly, you'll begin to relax without distraction. The more you Float, the easier it becomes to “let go” of the outside world. It can help you relax the body, quiet the mind, and sink into the experience.
Try to book at least one week in advance to allow for proper planning and preparation. We typically get booked quickly, especially during busy times of day, so you may have to plan further ahead if you want to Float at a popular time!
After you schedule your Float, you'll receive a confirmation email with our New Client Information Form and Waiver for you to complete in advance before you come. This email contains helpful pieces of advice that will better prepare you for your relaxation experience!
Check out the following tips in order to have the best Float possible:
- We recommend not shaving, waxing, or tanning within 12-24 hours prior to your Float.
- Any hair dye or treatment must be washed at least twice before Floating.
- Don't come super-hungry or super-full, as either of these could be a distraction during your Float.
- We provide just about everything: linens, soap, shampoo/conditioner, hairdryers, lotions, beverages, and much more! Although, you may want to bring things you use after showering, like a hairbrush, contact lenses, or makeup. No need for a bathing suit.
- We do have a 24-hour Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy, so just give us a day's notice if you decide you can't make it.
Arrive at East Coast Float Spa!
There is plenty of free parking in the lot, so no hassles there. For your first Float, please arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time. Arriving early will ensure we can give you the best experience possible, ensure you are able to Float for the full duration, and so we can be respectful of all Clients' appointments. Unfortunately, new Clients who do not arrive at least 15 minutes prior may not be able to use the service for which they are scheduled for the entire duration or may be required to reschedule.
It's time to start Floating!
- Take a quick pre-Float shower to remove any hair, face, or body products that you have on.
- Insert your new ear plugs to keep the salt out of your ears.
Make sure to cover any cuts or scratches with the provided petroleum jelly after you shower.
Take a step into the Floatation Therapy Room directly from the shower.
After your Float, the light will come on to bring you back, before the filtration system begins a couple minutes later.
- Take a quick post-Float shower to wash all the Epsom salt off your body.
- Get dressed and take care of any post-shower rituals you need to, including use of our Vanity Room with complimentary hairdryers, hair detangler, and lotion.
- After Floating, head back to our Post Float Lounge for complementary organic tea and relax for a while before you go (trust us on this one): you can keep relaxing even further in front of the calming ambiance of the rock waterfall, or try out some of our other relaxation services like our two high-end Zero-Gravity Massage Chairs, flavored Oxygen Bar, Organic Tea Blend Bar, or enjoy an item from our Revitalization Menu offering organic, natural healthy snacks and drinks.
- Let us know about your experience in our Community Float Journal. Enjoy your post-Float afterglow!