Your First Float
One of the best decisions you can make today!
The first time you Float is generally similar for many people. You'll likely move around a bit at first, until you find the most comfortable position for you. Once you have adjusted to the unique environment of Floating weightlessly, you'll begin to relax without distraction.
The more you Float, the easier it becomes to “let go” of the outside world. It can help you relax the body, quiet the mind, and sink into the experience.
- Please note that if you're interested in visiting more than one East Coast Float Spa location, you will need to create a separate account for each one. Please contact us for assistance transferring Floats from one location to another.
- We recommend trying to book at least one week in advance, especially for the weekends and for parties of more than one. We typically get booked quickly, especially during busy times of day, so you may have to plan further ahead if you want to Float at a popular time!
- After you schedule your Float, you'll receive a confirmation email with our New Client Information Form and Waiver for you to complete in advance before you come. This email contains helpful pieces of advice that will better prepare you for your relaxation experience!
- We recommend not shaving, waxing, or tanning within 12-24 hours prior to your Float.
- Any hair dye or treatment must be washed at least twice before Floating.
- Don't come super-hungry or super-full, as either of these could be a distraction during your Float.
- We provide just about everything: linens, soap, shampoo/conditioner, hair dryers, lotions, beverages, and much more! Although, you may want to bring things you use after showering, like a hairbrush, contact lenses, or makeup. No need for a bathing suit.
- We do have a 24-hour Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy to avoid being charged for your session(s).
- New Clients are required to arrive at least 15 minutes early before the session's scheduled time. Arriving early will ensure we can give you the best experience possible, ensure you are able to Float for the full duration, and so we can be respectful of all Clients' appointments. Unfortunately, new Clients who do not arrive at least 15 minutes prior may not be able to use the service for which they are scheduled for the entire duration and/or may be required to reschedule. There is plenty of free parking in the lot!
- We'll take good care of you starting at check in, providing you a quick tour of the Spa, ensuring you understand how key features like the lights work, answer any questions you may have, and get you Floating!
- After using the restroom, return to your private Float Suite, insert your new ear plugs to keep the salt out of your ears and take a quick pre-Float shower to remove any hair, face, or body products that you have on and so you're getting in clean.
Take a step into the Floatation Therapy Room directly from the shower and begin to Float!
After your Float, take a quick post-Float shower to wash all the Epsom salt off your body, get dressed, and take your time using our Vanity Room with complimentary hair-dryers, hair detangler, and lotion.
- After Floating, head back to our Post Float Lounge for complimentary organic tea and relax for a while before you go (trust us on this one): you can keep relaxing even further, or try out some of our other relaxation services like our high-end Zero-Gravity Massage Chairs and Oxygen Bar.
- Enjoy your post-Float afterglow!